Not resolved
2.5
Details
Advertised vs Delivered
Customer service
Delivery Service
Discounts and Special Offers
Diversity of Products or Services
Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Price Affordability
Product or Service Quality
Staff
Value for money
Website
3 comments

This was yankees response In particular, we specify that all candle wicks should be kept trimmed to 3mm at all times to reduce the likelihood of any problems. From the images, we can immediately see that the wick has 'mushroomed' which means the wick has not been trimmed, and as a result has changed shape - this can result in a flame which is too large, which in turn can cause the jar to overheat and catch fire.

To reduce the possibility of your candle smoking, we recommend that your candle wick is kept trimmed to 3mm at all times – preferably using a Yankee Candle Wick Trimmer. Candles should be extinguished, allowed to cool for two hours, and then trimmed before relighting. When trimming the wick care should be taken to avoid any match debris or wick trimmings going into the wax. It looks from the pictures you've sent that there is wick debris preset on the top of the candle - any debris that finds its way into the wax when the candle is lit will act as an additional wick, causing the candle to get very hot and causing a fire hazard.

As safety instructions were not followed, we are unfortunately unable to assist on this occasion. Kind regards, Laura This happened to my candle which was bought in Newtownards Shopping Centre before Christmas as a present to me from my daughter. It has annoyed me so much that I can’t sleep.

Our house could have burnt down with us all in it. This was lit on New Years Eve

Review about: Yankee Candle Candle.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review

Comments

Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
Candyfi
#1412443

Safety instructions were followed. The wick was cut to 3mm and it was the first time I lit it. It just burst into flames.

Anonymous
#1412432

" As safety instructions were not followed "

Just exactly whose fault was that ?

YOURS.

Bet you left it untended as well.

Don't let your insurance company (if you have one) find out about such practices.

Candyfi
to William #1412442

Safety instructions were followed. The wick was cut to 3mm and it was the first time I lit it. It just burst into flames.

You May Also Like