I have spent thousands of dollars on Yankee candles in my lifetime. I know how to trim wicks, when to stop burning them, etc.
Recently a Yankee Candle shattered while burning leaving the flames exposed. Had I not been right there that could have been a disaster. I examine the candle and notice the wicks were placed way too close to the glass when compared to my other candles. When emailing back and forth with the company they said first it’s because I burned it too low, should stop burning with 1/2” of wax left.
I measured the wax and there is still 1” left. Told them that. They said wicks are too long you don’t trim them. It was an actively burning candle, of course the wicks are going to get longer.
Are we supposed to blow them out every hour and trim again and relight? Nowhere does it state that. At no time during my communication with the company did they take any responsibility for possibly having made the candle improperly. Everything was my fault...
or it just happens. Well in 15+years of burning these candles it has never happened. They are sending me a new candle but their customer service is awful.
Very condescending and their attitude leaves a poor taste in my mouth. There has to be another candle company out there with candles that smell good.
Product or Service Mentioned: Yankee Candle Candle.
Reason of review: Damaged or defective.